News from NORLA
Simon Stranger receives the 2018 Norwegian Booksellers’ Prize
NORLA offers its warmest congratulations to Simon Stranger, winner of the 2018 Norwegian Booksellers’ Prize for his novel Keep Saying Their Names (original title: Leksikon om lys og mørke, published by Aschehoug).
Keep Saying Their Names has received rave reviews and foreign rights to the novel have so far been sold to eleven languages.
Read more about the novel here.
The following ten books were shortlisted for the 2018 Booksellers’ Prize:
- Samuel Bjørk: Gutten som elsket rådyr, Vigmostad Bjørke
- Lars Saabye Christensen: Byens spor: Maj, Cappelen Damm
- Mona Høvring: Fordi Venus passerte en alpefiol den dagen jeg blei født, Oktober
- Maja Lunde/Lisa Aisato: Snøsøsteren, Kagge
- Trude Marstein: Så mye hadde jeg, Gyldendal
- Jon Michelet: En sjøens helt: Krigerens hjemkomst, Oktober
- Lars Mytting: Søsterklokkene, Gyldendal
- Per Petterson: Menn i min situasjon, Oktober
- Linn Skåber: Til ungdommen, Pitch
- Simon Stranger: Leksikon om lys og mørke, Aschehoug
The Norwegian Booksellers’ Prize was initiated in 1948.
Read more about the prize and see previous winners here.