News from NORLA
Maja Lunde receives the 2015 Norwegian Booksellers’ Prize
NORLA offers its warmest congratulations to Maja Lunde, winner of the 2015 Norwegian Booksellers’ Prize for her novel The History of Bees (original title: Bienes historie, published by Aschehoug).
The History of Bees has received rave reviews and foreign rights to the novel have so far been sold to eleven countries. This is the first time a debut novelist receives the prestigious Booksellers’ Prize.
Read more about the novel here.
The following ten books were shortlisted for the 2015 Booksellers’ Prize:
- Heidi Linde: Norsk sokkel, Gyldendal
- Helga Flatland: Vingebelastning, Aschehoug
- Jørgen Jæger: Monster, Juritzen forlag
- Ketil Bjørnstad: Verden som var min. Sekstitallet, Aschehoug
- Lars Saabye Christensen: Magnet, Cappelen Damm
- Maja Lunde: Bienes historie, Aschehoug
- Roy Jacobsen: Hvitt hav, Cappelen Damm
- Samuel Bjørk: Uglen, Vigmostad & Bjørke
- Siri Pettersen: Evna, Gyldendal
- Trude Teige: Mormor danset i regnet, Aschehoug
The Norwegian Booksellers’ Prize was initiated in 1948.
Read more about the prize and see previous winners here.